We’re thrilled that you are considering a CAPS school for your child. Below are common questions and answers about enrollment as well as enrollment forms.

How much does it cost to attend CAPS?

Absolutely nothing! We are a tuition‑free, public charter school.

How do I enroll my child?

To ensure eligibility, apply online during the open application period, which ends March 19. If more applications are received than seats available, seats will be allocated using a lottery as well as a waiting list that is first-come, first‑serve.

Are siblings given priority?

If your child has a sibling who is already enrolled at CAPS, please indicate it on your application so that we can factor it into the enrollment process.

What paperwork is needed to enroll

We will need the documents below upon acceptance:
  • Proof of residency: property deed, mortgage statement, lease, current utility bill, notarized statement from the landlord which must be accompanied by another proof of residency. Documentation requirement is dependent on resident district criteria.
  • Proof of guardianship — One of the following:

    • Original birth certificate with raised seal (hospital birth certificate is not acceptable)
    • Copy of section of court decree awarding custody

  • Proof of enrollment in local school district: child’s report card and letter from district indicating you have registered.
  • Proof of immunization: up‑to‑date immunization record from school or doctor.
  • Proof of physical exam: up-to-date physical examination from doctor

Where are other CAPS schools?

Click here to find out where CAPS schools are located.
If you still have questions, please feel free to contact us.
Select Language ▼