We are currently accepting applications for high school ELL teachers. If you have any questions about the job listing please email email@example.com.
A teacher at CAPS Paterson will provide students rigorous and relevant learning activities and experiences designed to prepare each student to excel at a top college or university. This position is critical in building strong relationships with our students in order to best meet their individual needs and further the mission of College Achieve.
- Create a classroom environment that is safe, conducive to learning, and encourages students to take risks in their learning
- Prepare lessons that reflect best practices and accommodations for individual differences of students
- Encourage students to take ownership of their learning goals and process
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and communicate these objectives to the students
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media consistent with best practices, specific content knowledge, the physical limitations of the space provided, and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strive to implement College Achieve’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objective
- Assess student learning, through observations, authentic performance, and more formal methods, in an ongoing manner, providing frequent student feedback, information to parents and written progress reports
- Assist the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct
- Participate in all professional development opportunities
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication with students, parents, and community members
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
1. Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of students.
2. Evaluates student progress on a regular basis and prepares progress reports.
3. Instructs pupils in citizenship, basic communications skills and other general elements of the course of study common to all teachers, as specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the district.
4. Provides individual, small, and/or large group instruction, whenever appropriate, in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of pupils with varying intellectual and special abilities.
5. Instructs pupils in proper care and use of textbooks, equipment and materials.
6. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to provide and orderly and productive environment.
7. Selects and requisitions books, instructional materials, equipment, aids, and maintains required inventory records.
8. Develops instructional plans and organizes class time to provide a balanced program of instruction.
9. Develops and maintains professional competence through participation in in-service education activities provided by the district and in self-selected professional growth activities.
10. Supervises out-of classroom activities for pupils during the assigned working day, as required.
11. Plans and coordinates the work of aides, teacher assistants, and other paraprofessionals.
12. Identifies pupil’s needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
13. Communicates with parents and pupil personnel staff members on the individual pupil’s progress and development.
14. Maintains attendance accounting and business service as required.
15. Develops and participates in the sponsorship of student activities and faculty committees.
16. Acts as a resource person on an interdepartmental level to relate appropriate aspects of his/her subject area to other subject areas
17. Works to establish and maintain open lines on communication with students and their parents concerning the academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students.
– NJ State Certification ESL/ELL
– Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
– Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade level preferred. Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/ harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/ domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. People of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
COLLEGE ACHIEVE PUBLIC SCHOOLS BOARD OF EDUCATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.