We are currently accepting applications for a Food Services Manager. You can apply by emailing a short message and resumé to Ms. Cedeno at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about this job listing, you can email Ms. Cedeno as well.
• Ensure that the highest standards of safety and sanitation are followed in the kitchen throughout the day.
• Inspect all food deliveries being made, check for quality and accuracy, and sign the invoices only after being inspected. Report to the Operations Manager any items that may be damaged, spoiled, short, or unacceptable in any way.
• Ensure all food and supplies that are stored properly and rotated using the First In, First Out (FIFO) standard.
• Determine the quantities of food to be prepared for the day so that all students receive the proper amounts and there are minimal leftovers.
• Order, prepare, and serve all food items as indicated on the monthly menu.
• Prepare food according to the planned menu and test uniformity of recipes.
• Determine if the finished product is of the best quality in both flavor and appearance before it is served.
• Supervise and operate various kitchen equipment; train others in the safe operation of equipment.
• Ensure that the preparation, serving, and storing of all food items meet the quality and sanitation standards set by the district.
• Ensure that all portion sizes served to students and staff are correct and in full compliance with all state and Federal guidelines.
• Ensure that all serving stations are fully stocked with food prior to each serving period in sufficient quantities and that the food is presented in an appetizing way.
• Maintain correct holding temperatures of food.
• Ensure that all leftovers are properly stored or disposed of.
• Ensure that meal counts are taken at the point of service, following all state and Federal
regulations, and are taken accurately.
• Ensure that all required paper work is completed in an organized, timely and accurate manner.
• Delegate job duties to Food Service Employees to ensure smooth work flow and completion of all tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
• Supervise and instruct staff on the proper and safe handling of all kitchen equipment.
• Communicate with staff new procedures, policies, expectations, etc.
• Report any problems or accidents occurring in the kitchen or the cafeteria to the Principal and the Food Service Office.
• Supervise the locking of all storage areas and the security of kitchen equipment.
• Ensure compliance of all policies and procedures; interpret policies and procedures into the work performed.
• Adhere to established personal hygiene techniques and uniform requirements.
• Display the highest ethical and professional behavior in working with students, parents, school personnel, and outside agencies associated with the school.
• Demonstrate positive attitudes, appropriate attire and grooming, and an effective work ethic.
• Participate in workshop and in-service programs, attending all required meetings.
• Use computers and/or electronic equipment to fulfill job functions.
• Adhere to federal statutes and regulations, State and local health agency requirements, State Board of Education rules and regulations, Board of Education policies and procedures, and contractual obligations.
• Perform any duties and responsibilities that are within the scope of employment, as assigned by the Director of Food Services or designee, and not otherwise prohibited by law or regulation.
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
• Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent educational experience with academic major or concentration in food and nutrition, food service management, dietetics, family, and consumer sciences, nutrition education, culinary arts, business or a related field -OR-
• Hold an Associate’s degree with specific major and at least 1 year of relevant experience, -OR-
• High School Diploma (or GED) and 3 years of relevant experience (Relevant experience is defined as previously working in a school food service operation).
The application must also
- Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents and the community.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Provide proof of U. S. citizenship or legal resident alien status by completing Federal Form I-9 in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
- Provide evidence that a criminal record history check has been conducted and clearance has been given by the Department of Education. During the initial six month period provide a sworn statement that the individual has not been convicted of a crime or a disorderly persons offense in accordance with 18A:6-7.1
COLLEGE ACHIEVE PUBLIC SCHOOLS BOARD OF EDUCATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.